Friday 20 February 2009

and it had all been going so well

Training has been going well with me averaging about 50 miles per week and maintaining some good consistency. I had completed a 31 mile run three weeks ago and was planning another long run of about 38 miles next week, prior to my first race of the year at the Wuthering Hike in mid March.
However, for the last couple of weeks or so I have been getting pain around the base of my heel which was only fleeting and once I got going didn't seem to bother me. It has however been getting steadily worse and was particularly sore last night after a run and this morning.
My fears are that it is plantar fasciitis and after a bit of googling this morning it seems to fit the symptoms exactly.
Dam!
I have an appointment with my Physio on Monday so we'll see what she says and take it from there but it certainly looks like I'm going to have to take some time out to allow it to recover.
Bugger!

1 comment:

Davie said...

In the meantime can I suggest ice treatment and rolling a cold glass bottle uner your foot to massage it.