Monday 1 December 2008

And so it begins


This blog was set up to find out how to set one up that I knew what to do and could tell my 12 year old son, Cameron how to do one. Now that I've set it up, it seems sensible to put something down; on paper - kind of thing.

A bit about me first. I'm a 42 year old, self employed father of three. Although, perhaps that should be a father of three who is self employed because that's the priority they seem to take in my life. Oh, and I'm a runner.


This blog aims to set out how I fit in running my own business, keeping my kids happy, staying in love with my wife and training for ultra-marathons. I like to think I do three of the four things very well and I do just enough to get by in my running.

I started running at college and after a few years competing in triathlons I started running ultras two years ago. Last year I ran the Highland Fling, West Highland Way Race and the Longmynd Hike. I did some other races as well but ultras have become my focus.

Next year I'm hoping to do the same three again with hopefully a couple of others thrown in.

So that's a brief summary. Over the next few weeks, I'll put a few of my thoughts down on how my training is going. If anyone bothers to read this, let me know you're out there.

No comments: