Monday 22 December 2008

On the road again

I am back running again at last. Well, when I say running, it's a bit more plodding really. I went out last Monday for the first time in over two weeks and did a short 4 mile loop around the Ski Club which felt not too bad but worryingly, my legs were sore the next morning. The next night, Nr. 1 son runs at Garscube Harriers and I did my usual 7 mile route whilst he was out with club - sore legs again.
I missed the next few days due to eating and drinking committments! and so I didn't get back out again until Sunday morning. I set off at 7:00am into a very dark, windy and wet West Highland Way and ran up through Mugdock Park and out to the Carbeth huts. Although it was fairly slow 11 miles, it was good to get out and get my feet muddy again.
So here we are, 9 days of the year left and still 37 miles to get my 1500. We're off down to Shrewsbury for Christmas to stay with my in-laws and given my Father in-law's generous hospitality I'm not convinced I'll get in much mileage. There is a wee hill race on boxing day called the Stiperstones Dash which I'll do but it doesn't eat into the 37 miles a great deal.
So it looks like I'm going to end up with a 20 mile run on Hogmanay to finish off the year!
There is a definite sense of hyper-exitement in our house at the moment as the kids have finished school and are counting the days until Santa arrives - I'm sure it's something to do with the fact that every day starts with a chocolate fix from the advent calendars!

2 comments:

Debs M-C said...

And that's how all days should start!

Have a great Christmas.

Harvey said...

I'm still having that sore leg feeling, about three weeks after being ill. Thankfully, I only have 6 or so miles to do to reach my target, and I'm sure I'll manage that!
Just remember, targets arn't a matter of life and death. Being fit to start training again properly for the WHW is! Make sure you get fully fit, and enjoy your christmas. I won't tell anybody if you claim 1500, I'm sure the WHW is measured a good 40 miles short anyway!?!?!?!?