Tuesday 23 December 2008

Running blind

I went out last night for a tempo run on the Milngavie 10k route. The route takes you out the back roads through Bladernock village and through some fantastic car free country lanes. The best bit about it though is turning the head torch off and relying on the slight shine on the wet roads to guide you through the darkness.
There is something quite magical about running in the pitch dark. I think when one of your senses is taken away from you the others become more heightened. It is quite mesmorising to hear only the sound of my steady hard breathing and the thump of my feet hitting the ground and I feel very disappointed as I emerge back into civilisation and streetlights once more.
It has an incredibly calming affect on the soul and leaves me feeling revived and in love with running once more.
I am away for a few days now so if anyone is actually reading this, have a very Merry Christmas and I hope your plans for 2009 are achieved.
24 hours 44 mins WHW Race 2008 - Finished!

No comments: