Friday 5 December 2008

Definately not Man-Flu!

My slightly under the weather feeling has now become full blown flu. Now I'm not talking man-flu but proper, I can't get out of bed flu. I have even had to take time off work for the first time in about 10 years!

Not surprisingly, I haven't run this week at all so my 1500 miles target for the year although still quite attainable is going to have to be worked at a bit harder.

Perhaps this is a good time to look ahead to my plans for next year. My main focus will once a gain be the West Highland Way Race but I also plan on doing the Highland Fling and the Longmynd Hike again. With the Fling and Longmynd being in the Vasque Ultra Series, I might have a look at doing the Wuthering Hike in March which would give me three counting events. Outside of ultras I also plan on doing the Mighty Deerstalker, the Milngavie 10k, the Galsgow 1/2 marathon and maybe the Dundee Marathon. I've also entered as part of a team for "70 WILD MILES" and I am planning riding the C2C route with some mates in March. That seems like a reasonable spread of events but like all great plans, whether they actually happen is another issue. The first stage is to get rid of this bloody flu!

4 comments:

Harvey said...

Hi mate,

Welcome to the world of blogging!

I feel your pain. I was in the same boat (thinking I had manflu only to discover it was the, almost as bad, real thing) and am still struggling 2 weeks on.

Hope you recover soon, and good luck with the 1500 miles. I'm going through the same battle to make 2000.

Hopefully see you for the December WHW run.

Neal aka pacepusher

Davie Bell said...

Hi Graeme (blogger) :-)hope you recover quickly, I done the 70 wild miles solo in 2006 and 2007 and really miss the event it's a cracker, I feel it's too close to WHW race to do solo but good luck with the team event ,what leg are you doing?

graeme reid said...

Neal, Davie - Hurray, there's somebody out there! Flu is slowly subsiding but I'm still a few days off running yet.
Davie - I was tempted to do the whole event but as you say, a bit close to the WHW so I, sticking to the run - think of it as a wee sharpener!
RD

Debs M-C said...

Pah! Man-flu? And that's why men don't have babies.

Welcome to the wonderful delight that is blogging, Graeme. I just hope it gets more interesting. Te he. I've bagged the place as the "fallen runner".